Thursday, January 22, 2026

Transitioning to Portfolio Project

 Hello Camidge, film openings are critical to helping establish the tone of a movie. In many instances, movies will most likely open with certain mis-en-scene or various colors to establish the mood trying to be set. The main goal is to illustrate the genre, if the audience doesn't know what genre they are watching within the first 2-3 minutes of the film, the opening has failed to develop. Dialogue is also crucial to establishing characters and it develops background. Without dialogue, you would have to infer most of what you're watching such as conflicts. 



I plan to develop my idea of a film opening by researching every genre that I'm interested in, and I will take the top ones on my list and dive deeper and research sub-genres that fall under the genres I'm interested in and in the end, I will make an adaptation of ideas I create in storyboards etc. I will approach this project as if I were trying to find the right people to act in the film opening and I will have open arms from friends or peers to have feedback on ideas. Although Mrs. Stoklosa has advised against the horror genre, I feel that I have a very creative mind, and I think I have the capabilities to impress her and Cambridge in ways they never thought of. I know it will be hard but I'm willing to put countless hours' time trying to achieve this. I feel I'm more likely to establish a character vs. character conflict although my film opening will most like include multiple people against one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Links to Projects

  Links to Projects Portfolio Opening: Opening  CCR Video #1 Questions 2 and 4: CCR Video 1    CCR Video #2 Questions 1 and 3: CCR Video #2